Thursday, August 9, 2007

trying something new

Last night I started reading no cry solution. This made me rethink how Nolan is going down for naps and bed. I have to now retrain both of us not to nurse to sleep. ugh today I have been fighting with him since 11:38 to take a nap ugh. The second thing I have to fix is making sure he sleeps by himself. we have gotten in a habit of sleeping next to me at nap time. Every time he falls asleep and I try to move him he wakes up.
I it will take time but ugh we are having people over tonight and I have so much to do.

2 comments:

Shalisa said...

It IS work, and it IS frustrating, I will not lie :)But I bet that if you stick with it you will be soooo happy with the results. Don't let milestones and growth spurts and teething throw you off. Well, they will throw you off, they will be hard for everyone, but in 2 or 3 days things will get back to where you left off. Everytime we had visits from parents we had 3 days of "weirdness" which consisted of no sleeping, sleeping all the time, and intermittent fussiness. :) Things WILL get better.

kristi said...

I have heard lots of good things about that book.
But...if it doesn't work out too much don't stress. I rocked Judah to sleep until he was 11 months, and he wouldn't take a nap in his crib until around 6 months. By the "books" I did everything wrong. BUT, he now puts himself to sleep in his crib for naps and bedtime. And he sleeps great! 12+ hours every night and 2 naps of 1-2 hours. He just made the decision on his own that he was going to do that, we didn't work on it at all.

Not telling you that to brag, but to encourage you that it does eventually work itself out. :)