Monday, December 8, 2008

toddlers

Why do they test you so? Today is just one of those day's when Nolan test's every thing. I tell him no or don't touch it just goes in one ear out the other. We don't beleave in spanking more Brian then me. So I'm at my wits end with a child who doesn't listen to me. End of vent sorry

ok on to more fun toddler stuff. I want to do some crafts with him. Shalisa and Kristi where do you get your ideas? How well will with this go over should I wait until 20 months?

2 comments:

Shalisa said...

I suggest "art" over crafts. Crafts are fun, but for his age you will be doing most of the crafting. Just let him paint and draw with crayons. Get out some clay and let him squish it up, the let it dry, then let him paint it.

The crafty crow blog is excellent for ideas.

kristi said...

I get ideas from this blog
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/
I'm not sure how old her son is, but I think he is under 2.
My mom did daycare so I get a lot of ideas from books she had or crafts that she made.
Judah loves to color and paint on his own, like Shalisa suggested, more art than craft. But we try to do a project every couple of days and he seems to really enjoy that too.
When he is painting or coloring I just let him go for it and do whatever, but when we are doing a project I try to do more teaching. Colors, shapes, etc.
I don't think he is too young to start. I started pretty young with Judah and I'm working on teaching Cohen how to color now. He still mostly eats the crayons, but oh well. :)