Monday, December 3, 2007

ugh the things my mom say's

last night we were at my folks. These are a few things my mom said to me while there.

So what size is Nolan wearing now?
me well some of his 6 month clothes are getting a little tight.
Mom : well he is getting a tummy. Maybe you should give him a bottle with water in it.
Me : No mom he doesn't need water.
Mom: he will not no the difference.
Me : no no no and its not good for him. I'm not over feeding him
Mom: how do you know your not over feeding him?
Me : Yes I know his cue's.

this one took place last week.

Mom: so are you letting Nolan cry ?
Me : no
Mom is he sleeping in his crib yet?
Me no we co sleep
Mom so he um sleeps with you all the time.
Me Yes we co sleep
mom oh hmmm I see.


I love my mom. She just has no idea why we parent the way we do.

2 comments:

kristi said...

I'm lucky that my mom and mom-in-law just let us do our thing and have never commented on how we parent. BUT I still get lots of advice from other unwanted places. I've gotten really good at smiling, nodding and then walking away! :) That might not go over too well with your mom though!

bazanna said...

gaaaaaaahhhhh!!! you work so hard to FEED the baby...then, suddenly, oh, maybe he's getting too much? hmph. grrr.

and don't even get me started on the sleeping debates. people do what works for them and their kids, period. if your kids sleep alone, it's because they wanted to in the first place, not because it's important to be some sort of hardass disciplinarian or something. i mean, geez, i PROMISE they will NOT be sleeping with you when they are in college.