Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekly weigh ins

Warning : This post is rated A for adult. Below contains some Adult language feel free to skip if this might offend you. This is a rant by a hurt mama who has tried her hardest yet that is not enough.


Friday we had our first weigh in with the LC. Boy did that feel like a joke Lactation Consultants my a$$. They are more like Formal dealers. They didn't offer any help like Milk donations or trying to up my supply. Nope I was told we have to get Nolan's weight up and if we don't they will take him. So the way to do this Formal what a crock of Shit. I paid you 20$ to be told this what a waste of my time. Get this I get the wonderful pleasure of going back every Friday.

Yes they told me they will take my baby do know how that makes me feel?

The pusher told us to feed him an extra 12-16 oz's a day. I have pumped twice today so I can give him extra mama juice with the Formal.
I hate feeling like I"m not enough for him. I can see the difference and it breaks my heart seeing that my child was not getting enough to eat. I knew my supply was low but, know idea how low it really is. I guess its back to drinking mothers milk tea and pumping every moment I can.


:End of Rant I will talk about something happier tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm sorry Sara, it doesn't sound like you went to a very good lactation consultant. I know that doctors take away babies that don't grow well, which I think is absolutely dreadful, but a lactation consultant is supposed to be helpful-full of lots of advice and encouragement. Did she weigh before and after a feeding for you?

I think there are more mom's in your place than you think. I know it must feel terrible though, it was always my worst fear that I'd just dry up before she was ready. I guess that happened to my grandma 3 times over. But formula isn't the end of the world :)It still builds very healthy strong babies :)

We'll be praying for you and little Nolan Sara.

kristi said...

I can't believe they would even bring up to you that they take peoples babies away for that. You were obviously making a effort to figure out a solution. They should focus on the moms that really need their kids taken away. I would be steaming mad...especially since I'm sure it is a emotional subject for you anyways.