Monday, March 10, 2008

things are falling into place.

This fall Sep / Oct we are heading to New England as a family. Every 7 years Intel gives you 8 weeks off paid so we are using 3 weeks of it to travel. For those of you that have been to New England what did you like best ?
Please give me tips on what you liked and did. Also this will be our biggest trip with Nolan so any travel tips with a toddler are welcome.

We are going to visit Maine, Vermont and New hampshire. I have started looking up things to do they have apple festivals. Those look fun and are free/ cheap not sure what else just yet.

3 comments:

kristi said...

That sounds like fun. I'm a bit jealous! :)

Ryan said...

Shalisa and I just got back from New Hampshire/Maine in November (Kyle's wedding, and he lives over in Maine so I can get you info from him). Shalisa and I are headed over to Boston in 4 weeks or so as well, so if you want us to pick up any maps or anything while we are over there we would be happy to.

Princess Talana said...

You'll be getting there a little too late for the Maine Lobster Festival :(

One place in Maine that is probably worth visiting is Freeport. It's where L.L. Bean was founded and it has a HUUUUUGE store that is open 24 hours with no locks on the door. The whole rest of the town is in colonial style, including the McDonalds. I also loved Cool as a Moose, a little gift shop there.

There was also a waterfront district we went to in Portland that had a bunch of good restaurants.

I'd say just drive some of the highways up there. You come into little old towns all the time. i worked for two months in Maine and did a lot of driving since I was a nanny. Be aware if you go to Augusta that they have the scariest traffic circles/roundabouts that I have ever been in! There's not much going on in Augusta otherwise... pretty capital building and Halowell, the largest homosexual male population is nearby with some kick ass Chinese food and random art galleries!